How to become a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Level 1:
- Attend at least 6 months of Kundalini Yoga classes with a qualified teacher
- Apply to Itta Roussos a.k.a Ravi Kaur to attend teacher training and furnish proof of at least 6 month’s class attendance. If people want to be sponsored this is an essential step and they must furnish a list of classes attended signed by a qualified KY teacher: dates, Kriya and meditation names, teacher’s signature and name.
- For people who cannot attend classes in person, application to have online classes accepted should be made to Itta Roussos a.k.a Ravi Kaur.
- Complete application forms and be interviewed on skype by Itta Roussos a.k.a Ravi Kaur.
- Attend 4 full modules within the space of 2 years. If one module is skipped the trainee will need to ensure they attend that module the next time it comes around. Trainees can’t skip more than one module. If more than 1 module is skipped the course will have to be retaken from the beginning unless special permission is obtained from Itta Roussos a.k.a Ravi Kaur.
- Complete all home study requirements between modules, including journaling of the ’40 day’ practices. All details will be provided during teacher training modules.
- Complete AKYTTSA requirements for community teaching and seva for a period of 3 years during and after training.
- Attend at least 4 AKYTTSA events a year (long meditations, sadhana, YB birthday, GRD birthday, open days, AKYTTSA general meetings) during the time of training and for a year after training.
- Complete AKYTTSA certification requirements
- Complete exam
- Attended 20 classes signed by a certified KY teacher
- Design 2 yoga curriculums of 4 and 6 weeks each
- Attend certification ceremony once exam and curriculums have been marked and a passing mark of greater than 75% is achieved.
How to become a Kundalini Yoga Teacher Level 2:
Level 2 Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training requires a level 1 certificate to certify. Attendance is permitted if you do not have a level 1 certificate for the purposes of deepening your selfknowledge and practice.
Information on these modules can be obtained from Itta Roussos a.k.a Ravi Kaur, or sign up to her website in order to receive newsletters so as to receive notification of upcoming Level 2 modules.
Our Affilliations & Sponsors
As we move into the Aquarian Age, the need for the technology of African Kundalini Yoga (KAR) as Taught by Yogi Bhajan® will be greater than ever.
Your gift helps contribute to the upliftment of humanity, reaching more and more people every day.
Make your donation via EFT
African Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training of Southern Africa (AKYTTSA)
Business cheque account: 300494149
Eastgate branch code: 018505
SWIFT code: SBZAZAJJ
Reference: (Your Name) AKYTTSA
If you are able to donate or assist with any of the items below please contact email@example.com
Yoga Mats | KAR bus
Projector | Data donations
Transport | Online devices (phones/laptops/tablets)
Get in touch
188 Regent Street East
+27 82 441 6745
Photography credits: Louise Madderson | Remi Klugman